Nurses Week is celebrated every year in May. This year let's go above and beyond to show our appreciation to our local nurses. During this time, our nurses are our frontline heroes. They are putting in long hours at hospitals, clinics, retirement homes, long term care homes, etc. They are working to keep you and I safe during these times, and that's why we – as the community – should express our appreciation.
Let's work together to celebrate our nurses! Here are 6 ways you can celebrate Nurses Week!
1. Write a heartfelt card
- You can write encouraging thank you cards to nurses at your local hospital and long term care homes.
2. Mail a grocery store gift card
- Why not leave a little present inside the card? You can pre-order grocery store gift cards online or the next time you're at the grocery store, pick up a couple of gift cards.
3. Bake or cook a homemade meal
- If you know a nurse personally, make him/her a warm home cooked meal or some delicious baked goods. It'll be one less task they'll to do once they're home from a long workday.
4. Donate Personal Protective Equipment
- If you're crafty, sew masks for nurses and if you're not, you can always donate to an organization that's distributing PPE. Keep it local and donate to local organizations and businesses.
5. Join a community celebration
- You can join an organized parade to celebrate nurses at the local hospital.
- If you live on a busy street, start a poster campaign with your neighbours! Create large posters that say "Thank you!" and display them on your porch, lawn or bay window. As frontline workers drive-by they can read your poster.
6. Praise their hard work on social media
- Post an appreciation post on your personal social media account! If you are looking for social media content like and share our material from our Facebook page.
Let's work together to show our frontline heroes how much we appreciate their hard work. Let's go beyond words of appreciation, let's take action. Comment and share on how you are going to celebrate Nurses Week!